Super Hostile Forum

Hey!

Please register or login to participate in these forums!

These are unofficial forums for Vechs' Super Hostile Minecraft map series, view the official forum thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-
Super Hostile Forum

Hey!

Please register or login to participate in these forums!

These are unofficial forums for Vechs' Super Hostile Minecraft map series, view the official forum thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-
Super Hostile Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for discussion of Vechs' Super Hostile Map Series, (and the off topic stuff, yeah.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Speedrun Starters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CC-2224

CC-2224

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Rules:
1: Regular CTM rules + map/area specific rules
2: Beat the map as fast you can
3: Don't die

Tell me if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down
AnotherMinecraftLP

AnotherMinecraftLP

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Nice. -_-

I put this here because it was suggested, just saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
CC-2224

CC-2224

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I personally m going to start speedrunning eventually so why not a page about what it is?
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Well, I'd like to start sharing tactics for them. Sea of Flames is the one I'm most masterful with.
Back to top Go down
username_not_found

username_not_found

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 pm

The only Super Hostile map I've spedrun (Is that the past tense? Or is it speedran? Spedran? Whatever.) is Spellbound Caves, and while that is an easy one, I do have one important piece of advice. Take your time on the Rumbling Cavern. Seriously, it's way too easy to die there. There's no point trying to run through it like a madman. Just take your time, don't go for the iron (use the iron from the Tenuous Crystals instead), and get the wool that's there carefully. Ender pearls help too.
Back to top Go down
Michael7123

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Another tip about the rumbling cavern: fire potions and feather falling boots can be used to get down to the lava level very quickly.
Back to top Go down
username_not_found

username_not_found

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Michael7123 wrote:
Another tip about the rumbling cavern: fire potions and feather falling boots can be used to get down to the lava level very quickly.

... You know, I really should have thought of that when I was speedrunning. I'd been to the Nether already, so it's not like it would have been difficult to make Fire Resist potions. It's safer than ender pearls. I died in the lava at least twice because of those.
Back to top Go down
Michael7123

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I have never speed run, but I know that the time it takes to brew 8:00 fire resist potions is definitely worth it. If possible, always have the effect on you (lava traps will be completely innefective, and that is a huge advantage).
Back to top Go down
username_not_found

username_not_found

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeah, I actually did brew Fire Resist potions before the Rumbling Cavern, but I had planned to use Ender pearls there for quite a while, so I didn't even think to use the potions. And then, of course, I fall in lava because I couldn't aim properly, and forget about the potions again. As if all that weren't enough, when I finally got back to the VM, I realized I forgot about the other wool in the Rumbling Cavern, the one that's across the gravel "bridges."
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Instead of wasting time brewing potions, set up the stand, go do something, return and set it up again, go do something else, and then get your potions.
Back to top Go down
killrbladez

killrbladez

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm

This is the order of making a potion
1: Collect sand and turn into glass
2: Turn glass into bottles
3: Fill the bottles with water
4: Put the three bottles in the brewing stand
5: Use nether warts to turn the bottles to awkward potions
6: Put what you need for the potion you want
7: Put redstone dust in to increase time or glowstone dust to increase strength
8: Use the potions where needed
So there are 7 things you can do waiting for the potions to finish, making speed running easier.
Back to top Go down
CC-2224

CC-2224

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 am

killrbladez wrote:
This is the order of making a potion
1: Collect sand and turn into glass
2: Turn glass into bottles
3: Fill the bottles with water
4: Put the three bottles in the brewing stand
5: Use nether warts to turn the bottles to awkward potions
6: Put what you need for the potion you want
7: Put redstone dust in to increase time or glowstone dust to increase strength
8: Use the potions where needed
So there are 7 things you can do waiting for the potions to finish, making speed running easier.
You only have to wait for glass in furnace, brew nether wart, brew desired effect, brew upgrade. As mentioned on the MC Forums it would most likely take longer than it's worth for potion brewing.
Back to top Go down
cameron274

cameron274

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 pm

CC-2224 wrote:
Rules:
1: Regular CTM rules + map/area specific rules
2: Beat the map as fast you can
3: Don't die

Tell me if I missed anything.

I feel like the third rule is kind of redundant. If you die, then that will subtract some serious time off your speedrun. A good speedrun won't have any deaths anyway, so I feel it is unnecessary to have that as a requirement. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
reckihitas

reckihitas

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:03 pm

PRO TIP: don't speed run on the LETHMYR map it will end bad...

(i died on it hardcore mode)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedrun Starters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrun Starters   Speedrun Starters Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedrun Starters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1