Super Hostile Forum

Hey!

Please register or login to participate in these forums!

These are unofficial forums for Vechs' Super Hostile Minecraft map series, view the official forum thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-
Super Hostile Forum

Hey!

Please register or login to participate in these forums!

These are unofficial forums for Vechs' Super Hostile Minecraft map series, view the official forum thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-
Super Hostile Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for discussion of Vechs' Super Hostile Map Series, (and the off topic stuff, yeah.)

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Septum Immoriel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fangride

Fangride

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello all, and welcome to the thread!

I've been playing Complete the Monument style maps for several months now, and feel I'm getting quite good at playing them too. I've defeated many different and extremely hostile CTM maps, and now decided it was time for me to give back! I've begun work on a CTM map, that may become a series if I like the experience and discover I'm good at making them too.

This map is designed to be ROMHack. Really, really ROMHack

This map is called Septum Immoriel, and will be the first CTM map I release. Currently it's not done, thus the WIP tag, but I wanted to drum up a small bit of attention and also, hopefully, get a few beta testers as I complete more and more of the map. Feedback and balancing is very hard to do when you know where everything is, so if anyone would be interested in doing some Beta testing, please post here and shoot me a PM!

Now for some beautiful pictures, before I give a progress report:

(NOTE: The map is being designed in the JohnSmith texture pack, and all the pictures are taken with it too. This map is recommended to be played in said texture pack as well.)Septum Immoriel BYtHY

More below the spoiler!
Spoiler:

I've been working on the planning for this thing, and since it's supposed to be a Linear-Branching map, I've decided on 4 intersections, at the moment, and have already begun work on the first. I also use a Dungeon-tracker format though, as the intersections will bring you to areas with at least one "dungeon" in it, containing a wool.

I also will use an expanded Victory Monument. Not only does the player need the normal Wool and the Iron, Gold, and Diamond blocks, but an Emerald block will be needed as well, and a bonus Sponge will be hidden.

Of course the areas need to be named, so I'll list my areas below, along with a progress bar.

Septum Immoriel Cloth7green = Done
Septum Immoriel Cloth5yellow = In progress
Septum Immoriel Cloth3red = Not started

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading! Check back often for updates!

Last edited by Fangride on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HUGHmungous

HUGHmungous

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 pm

This looks cool. I'll be sure to check it out once it's done.

By the way, some of the pictures of the map are way too dark.
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I still needed to fix the lighting on those pictures - thanks for the reminder!
Back to top Go down
JimmyWalker

JimmyWalker

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 am

Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
ColdFusionGaming

ColdFusionGaming

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:29 am

This map is pretty evil. The start of this map may be the hardest start of all time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm glad you think that :3

I must admit though, I've been steadily nerfing it in some parts, just because it may be a bit *too* hostile. I want to find a good balance to make sure that it remains ROMHack, but still readily possible for those who have skillz!
Back to top Go down
ColdFusionGaming

ColdFusionGaming

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Fangride wrote:

I must admit though, I've been steadily nerfing it in some parts, just because it may be a bit *too* hostile. I want to find a good balance to make sure that it remains ROMHack, but still readily possible for those who have skillz!
Yeah, although it's always nice to have a rough start. Just be sure to give the player a few breaks from action here and there. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wartower9

Wartower9

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:29 pm

I can bear witness to this maps difficulty. The Beta-Testing map start was very, very hard.
Back to top Go down
http://amcwas.activeboard.com
dirtysockwizard

dirtysockwizard

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 am

The trick with map starts is to make them very tough, dangerous and exhilarating, but make it so hopefully the player doesn't die.
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 am

ColdFusionGaming wrote:
Fangride wrote:

Yeah, although it's always nice to have a rough start. Just be sure to give the player a few breaks from action here and there. Razz

Yeah, once you hit the first Intersection, I made the way in out of Half Slabs to ensure mobs wouldn't spawn. It's a bit of peace and quiet before I trap everything again in the Woolen Hall and the Palamock's Deadground...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Yay! A map worthy of using to punish my friends for not playing enough CTM Maps.
Thank you for helping me to exact unholy revenge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wrightforce

wrightforce

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 pm

I know you've talked about this a little bit on the MC forums, so I'm looking forward to it! The pictures look great, I love the one with the lava intersection.
Back to top Go down
Fangride

Fangride

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks guys! I'll be starting work up again on it in a couple days now that 1.3 is out ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Septum Immoriel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Septum Immoriel   Septum Immoriel Empty

Back to top Go down

Septum Immoriel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Hostile Forum :: CTM :: CTM Maps-